Planning to visit a cannabis dispensary?! “Scary,” “Exciting,” and “Intimidating” are words used to describe going to a cannabis dispensary. So many choices of products and such colorful packaging that it can look like a candy store… but it’s not!
In this episode, we hear from Alexis who is a retail specialist and lead trainer at one of Hawaii’s premiere medical cannabis dispensaries. She outlines for you some “Pro-Tips” on how to prepare for a visit to a dispensary – whether it’s your first visit or a return visit – and she will share how to make your experience more successful and enjoyable.
Be smart by being prepared. Do some advance preparation and research. Come with a list of questions and a clear understanding of what you want. We’ll tell you how.
In this episode, you will learn:
How to determine and evaluate a professional dispensary and their staff:
- How does this dispensary train their staff?
- Do they give them certificates of training completion?
- Top 5 questions the dispensary agent should ask you (so, be prepared to answer):
- How long have you been using cannabis?
- What is your preferred route of administration (e.g., smoking, edibles, etc.)?
- What time of day do you like using cannabis?
- Which specific symptoms you are trying to relieve?
- Are there any other questions you have before you make a purchase?
Some ‘Pro Tips’ for you to best prepare for your visit to a cannabis dispensary:
- Do your research online before going to a dispensary (we provide a resource below).
- Determine distance and driving directions as well as hours of operation to avoid surprises.
- Visit their website to review the various products on the online menu and ensure they are in-stock.
- Before you go, order the product(s) online (some run out fast) and save time upon arrival.
- Bring CASH, as many dispensaries don’t yet accept credit cards. Some take debit cards, but cash is king so checking the price and availability online before you go is very helpful.
In upcoming episodes, we will share with you ‘How to Evaluate and Choose Quality Products’ as well as ‘Key Questions YOU can ask the Dispensary Agent and your Doctor’ to guide and personalize your own experience and wellness journey.
Finally, please RATE + SHARE our podcast – your support matters to keep this education series on track.
For premium CBD products curated by us, go to www.GrandmaAndHerGummies.com
- How to find a cannabis dispensary: https://www.leafly.com/dispensaries
- Patient Resources: https://www.safeaccessnow.org/patient_resources
- Cannabis research: https://clinicaltrials.gov/
- Find cannabis resources: https://www.cannabiswellnessgroup.com
- Where Alexis works: https://www.grassrootsconsultingllc.org/
For premium CBD products curated by us, visit our shop!